The Light Kids Schools (TLK) is a daycare, preschool and grade school located in No 3 Calistus Nwaogu drive, Egbu, Owerri, in Imo State, Nigeria.
At The Light Kids Schools, child care and safety is of top priority! Our 'Child Safe and Secure' peogramme ensures that all parents are given electronic security cards which grant them access into the building, our facility is fully equipped with surveillance, access control and alarm systems all to ensure proper supervision, monitoring and security of the children, no child is let out of our care or handed over to any person except their parents or by special instruction from the parents.
TLK also focuses on offering a clean and organized environment. All our class rooms are fully air conditioned, secure and child friendly, and prepared to foster learning and child development. When you take a tour, we will show you the areas where all of your child's belongings, bottles, diapers, artwork, etc., will be located. You will also see the detailed documents that we share with each parent.
Our programs emphasize career and experience-based learning, supplemented with structured age-appropriate activities.
Why Experience-Based Learning?
- Experience-based learning is a powerful way to address individual growth and potential, which is commonly a much neglected approach of teaching and developing people of all ages.
- Experience-based learning is adaptable for individual style, preferences, strengths, direction, etc. As such it is more likely than conventional prescribed training or teaching to produce positive emotional effects, notably confidence, self-esteem, and a sense of personal value and purpose.
- Children need learning which is adaptable for them as individuals.
- Learn More About Experience-based learning
Why should you enroll your children in our program?
- We are an independent daycare and preschool. Our Owner and Director, Mrs. Mirian Raymond Okon is on-site and an integral part of every aspect of the center's daily operation. She gives every parent her personal cell phone for emergencies.
- We are able to work with you to customize our services to meet your needs and the needs of your child. Unlike many other schools, we accommodate both full-time and part-time schedules.
- We incorporate the personal qualities of a home daycare with the professionalism, and reliability of a larger center.
- Because children develop strong attachments to their teachers, we work very hard to minimize our staff turnover. The majority of our teachers have been with us at least two years, and many have been with us much longer than that!
- We value and celebrate diversity in our teachers, children and parents. We do all we can to make people from all backgrounds feel welcome in our center.
- We will accommodate all reasonable requests including special diets and other special needs.